Buying a .CA domain for your business or burger blog does more than just get you online.
With every .CA domain you buy, you're helping to build a better internet in Canada. How, you ask? It's all thanks to the Community Investment Program, run by the Canadian Internet Registration Authority (CIRA).
Building a Better Online Canada
The Community Investment Program gives back by funding innovative community projects to build a stronger, safer and more accessible internet for all Canadians. The program has built new infrastructure, helped grow Canada’s capacity in media literacy, enabled non-profits to deliver online services and academic researchers to address emerging digital issues.
Through this program, CIRA has supported 130 innovative projects across Canada for a total of $5.45 million.
Who Gets Funded?
Here's the type of projects that CIRA has funded in the past:
- Infrastructure: Developing connectivity services for regional, rural, remote and/or underserved communities
- Access: Providing individuals and communities with the ability to connect to the internet
- Digital Literacy: Enhancing Canadians’ knowledge and skills to use the internet effectively and safely
- Engagement: Research and knowledge-sharing activities that broaden public understanding and participation in internet policy development, governance and cybersecurity
- Services: Building online apps and platforms that address social, economic and/or environmental needs
Simply Buying a .CA Domain Helps!
You can support the Community Investment Program by buying a .CA domain. It's an effective way to pay it forward, and us friendly folks at Rebel have made it even easier: right now, you can get a .CA domain for only $10.99!
Check out some of the previous projects that have been funded through this unique program and see how your .CA domains are helping your fellow Canadians.