Rebel's VPS hosting package is powered by Plesk, which is awesome, because it is infinitely customizable. There are currently 100+ apps and extensions that you can use to create your ideal hosting experience.
We've done the hard work of sifting through all of the apps available to present the top 4 that you should install ASAP. They'll give you crucial insight into your website's performance, make it easier to update and, frankly, just look really nice.
57% of visitors will leave if your site takes more than 3 seconds to load. With PageSpeed Insights, you can identify ways to make your site faster and more mobile-friendly. This extension:
- Analyzes the performance of websites hosted on your Plesk server.
- Assigns every analyzed website a desktop and mobile score corresponding to its performance.
- Generates a report based on the results of the analysis.
- Displays suggestions to optimize your websites' performance.
WordPress is the most popular online publishing platform and powers more than 32% of the web. This toolkit helps manage your WordPress instances, and enables a variety of development workflows for WordPress admins of all skill levels.
- Centralized installation, activation, update and removal of WordPress plugins and themes
- Automatic and manual update of WordPress instances
- Flexible synchronization of changes in files and databases between WordPress instances
- Management of WordPress debug options
- Server-wide WordPress management for server administrator
Joomla and Drupal toolkits are also available if those are your thing.
One of the reasons people love Plesk is because it offers Git support. Git is a popular version control system known for speed, data integrity, and the ability for distributed, non-linear workflows. The Gitman extension provides "push-to-deploy" functionality for websites running on Plesk versions up to 12.5.
This extension allows you to change the Plesk interface colors. While this is just for you (your website visitors won’t see it), why not treat yo’self to a beautiful interface that you like looking at? With this extension, you can:
- Select one of the preconfigured color schemes.
- Create your own color scheme.
To add any of these extensions (and many more!) simply select "Extensions" from the left sidebar in your Plesk control panel.